HaMoked: Center for the Defence of the Individual invites proposals for research on the economic impact of the current war on Palestinian agriculture and business in the lands between the Separation Wall and the Green Line (the Seam Zone).
The purpose of the research is to evaluate and quantify the damage to agricultural crops and to businesses in the Seam Zone as a result of the military’s closure of these areas since October 7. The research could be a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods, and include field work and observations.
HaMoked invites applications from individual researchers or a research team. The final product must be submitted in either English or Hebrew.
The contract period: The work should not take longer than two months, and must be completed by March 31, 2024.
· Demonstrated experience conducting research
· Relevant academic degree
· Familiarity with agronomy and with the Seam Zone
Applications should include:
· A CV reflecting relevant experience and skills of the researcher or the research team
· A description of the proposed research methodology
· A price quote for the project
Applications should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]